In the summer of 2002 a need arose to replace the bus shelters adjacent to ‘The
Whip’ and St. John’s School, in Main Road, Lacey Green.
Lacey Green Parish Council commissioned
Gomme’s Forge to design and construct
It was suggested the shelters should
commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Her
Majesty, Queen Elizabeth and a plaque
was attached to each inscribed:
‘1952 Golden Jubilee 2002’
Here, the basic structure of the new bus shelters is being prepared in the Forge yard.
With a touch of paint and some
… the shelters take shape and
Once completed the shelters were
hoisted on to the firm's truck.
The first shelter was positioned next
to 'The Whip' Public House, and the
second delivered to the site adjacent
to St. John's School.
One of the replacement bus shelters,
in-situ and ready for use, complete
with commemorative plaque.
It is hoped both these shelters will
provide the passengers of Lacey Green
and Loosley Row with protection from
wind and weather for many years to come.